Towneley 120 > Views
Parts of the park are still used for agriculture and hay is still mown.
The pond and Deer Park dates from the Towneley’s time. The first recorded mention of deer in the park is 1742, all but disappearing in 1856. Today they are a common sight.
Smallholdings were laid out in the park and remains of these can be seen today. The medieval gold posy ring found on the smallholdings was given to the museum in 1936 and is on display in the Old Burnley Room.
Towneley in autumn, 1995.