Towneley Hall offers exciting and rewarding volunteering opportunities that give our volunteers a real hands-on experience of the museum sector.
The time and enthusiasm our dedicated volunteers bring to Towneley Hall is of enormous value and we are always looking to expand our team of volunteers. Whatever your experience, we have volunteer roles that you will enjoy.
- Front of house/reception/ shop
- Room stewards
- Event assistant
- Workshop assistant
- Tour guides/living history
- Exhibition change over
- Research assistant
- Collection care/cleaning
- Admin support
- Gardening volunteer
Benefits of volunteering at Towneley
- Make a difference in your community
- Meet new people
- Help look after Towneley
- Share your knowledge with visitors
- Learn new skills
- Keep fit and active
- Recognition of a job well done
In return we ask volunteers to:
- Be available for at least 5 hours per week (any day of the week)
- Take part in essential training
- Be loyal to the values of Towneley
- Follow procedures and standards for voluntary work
- Keep confidential museum information not in the public domain
- Observe the same standards of professional practice as your museum colleagues
We welcome volunteers from all walks of life and you need to have no special skills or experience. The minimum age for volunteering at Towneley is 18.
Find out more give us a call on 01282 477130 or drop us a line via firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Weekly volunteer sessions
The Friends of Towneley Park (FOTP) have weekly volunteer sessions in the park and carry out a range of interesting projects and tasks to keep Towneley Park a great place to visit. If you would like further information about volunteering in Towneley Park please visit the Friends’ website.
Become a volunteer
If you would like to see what other opportunities there are for volunteering in Burnley’s parks you can register your interest here.