Butterworth and Dickinson
Posted: 27th Sep 2018
Posted in:

On War Service

Local firms Butterworth & Dickinson and Burnley Components were involved with war work.

Both were invited to contribute to a war trophies room at Towneley Hall. This was opened in 1920 but had disappeared by 1925. A piece of German artillery placed by the entrance to the hall was removed in 1930 when there was visible anti-war feeling in the country.